Ethos Athlete, Rich loves this easy and healthy salmon dish from Whole Foods.
You can also find the recipe here http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/roasted-salmon-and-grapes.
- 2 cups organic red grapes (from about 2/3 pound)
- 1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced, or 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces pieces skin-on salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place grapes and fennel or onion in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Roast until grapes just begin to shrivel and fennel or onion just begins to brown, about 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Sprinkle salmon with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir grape mixture again and arrange salmon, skin side down, on top. Continue roasting until salmon is just cooked through, 10 to 12 more minutes. Transfer fish to a platter or plates. Toss grape mixture with parsley and serve along with salmon.
Per Serving: 330 calories (120 from fat), 13g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 18g carbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 35g protein.